As I said in the previous post, this year’s word of the year is balance. Even though I have no problems with New Year’s Resolutions, I simply prefer to set goals for myself for the year. Many of last year’s goals remain unmet, but that doesn’t mean that I’m just copying and pasting them to this year. This year’s goals are all about bringing my life more into balance, and not just being accountable for things.
So, to that end, here are my goals for 2011:
- Write a blog post everyday: I had this goal before, and while I didn’t achieve it, I did notice that when I really tried, I was able to find many wonderful topic to write about, and writing often helped me track my progress on my goals.
- Finish my NaNoWriMo novel: I’m not going to set any hard goals for publications for this year. This year I want to get back to writing because I love it. I’ve sucked all of the joy out of writing when I’ve made the end goa publication rather than writing something I was proud of and was worthy of publication. I need to take one step at a time.
- Find someone I trust to critique my writing when I have a finished product: I need someone I can trust to look over the work and give me an honest opinion.
- Add in my stress reducing activities: These include exercise, walking, talking to friends, blogging, hot baths–anything that helps to relieve stress. I won’t use exercise as simply a means to lose weight, but as a way to relieve stress, be healthy, and promote positive feelings about myself.
- Keep an updated calendar of my bill dates and amounts, and plan each month for paying bills on time.
- Be more expressive of my appreciation when people help/support me.
- Read my Bible each day.
- Pray at least once each day.
- Cook meals at home at least four days a week.
- Take lunch to work at least four days a week.
- Visit and keep in touch with family more.
- Attend brother’s graduation.
- Make doctor’s appointments.
- Get a library card and read at least two books a month that aren’t Harlequin romance novels.
- Attempt (and complete) NaNoWriMo again in November.
- Continue and compile the “Season for Getting Serious” posts
- Start on two memoir ideas.
- Strengthen relationship with my father.
- transition my blog to a self hosted blog with trademarked banner/name, and ensure all materials are properly copywrited.
- Get furniture for my apartment.
- Find my other passions, and pursue them.
- Love more freely and trust in a deeper way.
- Increase my fellowship.
- Begin increasing my tithing.
- Shop more in the fresh produce section.
I’m sure there are a thousand and one other things that could be on this list, but this is a good start. I just have to remember to keep a healthy balance in this new year.
What are your New Year’s resolutions/goals? What strategies will you use to help you achieve your goals?
- Overcome Fear in 2011. Get Rejected On Purpose (modernhomemodernbaby.com)
- New Year’s Resolution – STOP THE WASTE and SAVE MONEY! (chicagonow.com)
- What’s your word of the year for 2011? (philgerbyshak.com)
- 7 LOL Funny New Year’s Resolutions (blippitt.com)
- How’s Your Resolve For Your New Year’s Resolutions? (kevinwmccarthy.com)
- All About New Year’s Resolutions (socyberty.com)
- New years resolutions that work (scottberkun.com)
- She vs. Him: New Year’s Resolutions — Great Idea or Waste of Time? (blogher.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions for Your Personal Brand: 10 Things to Try in 2011 (personalbrandingblog.com)