Happy Friday! I’m going to be off three days next week (!!!), so it’s made this week crawl by for me. Does that happen to anyone else? I’ve incorporated a lot of new things into my work day and the changes have made a huge difference in what I do day to day–mostly for the better.
As you may have noticed, I added a new tab for my Naked Challenge. I have already listed the titles of each exercise on that page. The challenge will be a dual effort between this blog and my personal blog. I will link each exercise to the Naked & Not Ashamed page, so please go there for all things Naked beginning July 1st.
I want to start a book club SO BAD! There are a ton of books I want to read, but I want someone to talk to about them. So if you’re interested in reading with me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet me. Speaking of Twitter…
If you aren’t following me on twitter, shame on you! How are you keeping up with posts, catching my random moments of genius or seeing all the profound things I retweet? You can correct this error by following me, @2blu2btru, starting right now. The facebook page needs some work. I am still working on that, but twitter is going strong. For the bulk of today’s freestyle, I present to you Twitter me This, a recap of all the great tweets and retweets from May 2012:
- Stephen Parolini@noveldoctor Starting today, the term “work in progress” can no longer be used for projects you haven’t touched since 2005.
- Book Of Proverbs@BookOProverbs Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand. -Proverbs 19:21
- iCanDi@iCanDoit_CW “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” ~Will Rogers
- Stephen Parolini@noveldoctor Don’t be intimidated by another person’s opinion. Love what you love without apology. Yes, even Twilight
- Terry McMillan@MsTerryMcMillan Write about what disturbs you. What hurts. What makes you itch. What angers you. The story can be the elixir.
- C. S. Lewis@CSLewisDaily Knowledge can last, principles can last, habits can last; but feelings come and go. #CSLewis
- RT @JoyceMeyer: Emotions don’t tell the truth. Just because you have a feeling about something doesn’t make it a reality
- BookPage@bookpage “Somewhere deep down, my young self told me that I needed some years on my soul to write this story…” http://ow.ly/asmQM
- Ancient Proverbs@AncientProverbs You can out-distance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you. -Rwandan Proverb
- Ancient Proverbs@AncientProverbs Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out. -Italian Proverb
- gabifresh@gabifresh why does no one warn/prepare you for how weird and hard your twenties are?
- Ancient Proverbs@AncientProverbs The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. -Aristotle
- RT @chrisguillebeau: “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” –Mark Twain
My tweets (aka the few tweets that actually made sense):
- Y’all, I’m still not comfortable with Brian McKnight singing about showing me how my lady parts work.
- Does anyone else’s stomach curse them out when they try to eat healthy/ proper portions? Oh, me either.
- Notice in old diaries that I disregarded good advice b/c of who was giving it. Don’t take it so personal, 2blu! #hindsightadvice
- Stand up and be counted or sit down and be quiet. #newmotto
- Everyone is scared of my red pen, myself included. Being painfully honest w/ myself about crappy first draft @ANNELAMOTT, and I feel cleaner
- may not always agree w/ what you have to say, but I’m not obligated to attend every argument I get invited to, either. #truestory
- You can fake your way to the top round and around; but it’s always real, so real, when you’re coming down.~ Dreamgirls
- I’ve come to the realization people find me hard to read; this is extremely amusing to me, as I think I’m an open book.
- and being so many steps ahead in theory and thought makes living in the moment almost impossible…and perhaps the most irksome thing of all
- When my boss hands me work & says “no rush,” I hear the lady from The Weakest Leak say “start the clock.”
- It’s hard to be a real friend when everyone wants validation more than to get themselves right.
- If asked what brought about “downfall” of marriage, friendship, etc., it isn’t feminism, social networking, or the times: it’s selfishness.
I hope I’ve convinced you to follow me now. Seriously, get thee to twitter and follow me!